Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy day...

Go T! Congratulations to one of my students; she played her way to a scholarship/music bursary thingy at a local college today and I couldn't be happier for her. She is not a child to whom violin comes easily, but works damn hard and has seen the results of her consistency over the last few months pay off. I've worked with this (nearly teen!)kid for six years, and her parents have been behind her all the way. Actually, not so much behind as beside, in front of, beneath... all the things they should be.

J's at a scholarship interview this afternoon; hopefully he goes well. His presumptive secondary school usually gives scholarships to singers, so a (mostly classical)violinist may be too wacky for them... but we'll see.

Today's been a good day. Three sleeps till our concert and I'm actually not losing sleep over anyone flunking their solo or bursting into tears. They're well prepared and mostly seem to appreciate the improvement they've made by focusing practice on an already-mastered piece and taking it up through different skill levels. And I haven't been at all surprised by the parents/children who have chosen to make that effort!

4 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Great post love the header shot - do you play ? thanks for sharing. Hello ! Lovely to meet you, as it were !

Cwybrow said...

Hi Elise! Yes, I play...as I'm sure you'll get from my drift :) thank you for stopping by!

SE'LAH... said...

nice post. so glad to have had a moment to stop by and pay you a visit.

have a wonderful weekend.

Cwybrow said...

Hello! Welcome! Thank you for coming! My weekend...has begun well. Yes.
Matthew: I'm bookmark-worthy? That;s the coolest.