for my blog; I'm a bit chuffed, because she also gave it to some people I especially like: Mr London Street, Lora, Tennyson ee Hemingway. So that's nice. Very nice. Thank you, Janie!
I'm told that...
1) “The Honest Scrap” award is like a pint in a bar...better when shared with friends!
2) The recipient has to tell 10 true but unknown facts about themself.
3) The recipient has to buy a pint for 10 other bloggers.
4) Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified that they have a pint waiting to be enjoyed.
5) Those 10 bloggers should link back to the one who bought them the pint.
I don't think I've ever actually drunk a pint of anything. Oh well. (Hey, that's 1!)
ok. 2. I don't have a middle name. My parents said this was so I could choose my own. I think they just couldn't agree on one.
3. Hubs and I have a pug. We call her Lucy, but her *real* name is Aurora. Fancy. That's CLEARLY where her princess attitude*** comes from.
4. I have a thing about jeans. I collect them. Seriously. I don't really have the wardrobe space to cope with this, so I'm trying to come to terms with downsizing a little.
5. I read the "Flowers in the Attic" series AVIDLY as a preteen. Twilight? Yeah, whatever.
6. I don't barrack for a football team (practically unaustralian.)
7. I've lived with one leg slightly shorter than the other for YEARS. Until my clever osteopath worked out my pelvis had very intelligently twisted itself.
8. A girlfriend and I used to practice catwalking to Madonna's Vogue... on repeat. In front of a mirror. A full-length, 14-foot wide mirror. Yep. I'm crawling away now.
9. We really did. Oh, okay, New thing. Ummm. I own a pair of AWESOME boots. They're bright blue over the knee leather and I love them. I also never wear them out of the house. You know how you can put something on four billion times and it just never looks quite... right?
10. OOH! This is actually really cool. I just twigged I could list it here because no-one knows... I stumbled across www.hopeREVO.com today and got ALL INSPIRED. I should post some photos but I'm too lazy. I used some really sweet little cards I ordered months ago from vistaprint for my students and wrote my messages on the blank side. I really ought to post some pics. Sigh. But anyway, I wrote out HEAPS and then I tagged about twenty random cars today (in the parking lot, obviously) and left a few others at my favorite cafe, etc. I think I'm going to make them the new gum under the table; take blu-tack with me everywhere and stick them JUST under the edge.
***Just in case you were in any doubt; the pug has now brought her bone inside (much hilarious sneaking and skulking culminating in a mad dash for the bedroom) and is eating it under the dining room table. On, variously, the table leg, my foot, and the hardwood floor. So my wonderful Cat Empire music is being punctuated by much steam-engine gnawing and scrabbling and clawing before the whole thing shoots across the floor and is retrieved and dragged back under the table. There be monsters. Of course, when I stick my head down to look at her she's all "ME? With a BONE? You MUST be kidding. Far too much hard work. You wanna feed me now?"
I think it's time for me to sit on the couch with a book and some tea. Currently reading: which I stumbled across in an opshop today. $5. Happy days.